Press Releases about the Walker lab
- Walker named top female leader in Houston area by Texas Executive Women
- Endocrine disruptors causes fatty liver
- Centers of excellence adds Texas consortium
- Texas A&M researchers awarded CPRIT grant turn lab breakthrough into new cancer treatments.
- Texas A&M researchers solve 50-year mystery of cellular balance, make strides toward cancer cure
- Research article by Dr Walker and her team "A TSC signaling node on peroxisome regulates mTORC1 and autophagy in response to ROS" is
R. David, Cell signaling: A peroxisomal home for TSC, Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 2013, 14, 609. (http://www.nature.com/nrm/journal/v14/n10/full/nrm3661.html).
* Highlighted in Nature Cell Biology “News and Views”:
D. Benjamin, M. N. Hall, TSC on the peroxisome controls mTORC1. Nature CellBiology. 2013 15, 1135–1136. (http://www.nature.com/ncb/journal/v15/n10/full/ncb2849.html).
* Highlighted in Science Signaling “Editors’ choice”:
N. R. Gough,Inhibiting mTORC1 at the Peroxisome. Science Signaling 2013, 6, ec250 (http://stke.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/sigtrans;6/297/ec250)
* Rated as “Must Read” on Faculty 1000: http://f1000.com/prime/718077575
- Obesity: Study shows you may be destined for it
- Fighting cancer against the clock
- Walker of M.D. Anderson named IBT director
- Researchers Discover Second Protective Role for Tumor-Suppressor
- NIH Awards M. D. Anderson 84 Research Grants from Stimulus Funds
- Dream Team Targets Key Driver for Breast, Ovarian, Endometrial Cancers
- Genetic Reprogramming - An Act of Diplomacy
- M. D. Anderson Scientist Elected to Lead Society of Toxicology
- In Those Genetically Predisposed, “Developmental Reprogramming” Could Explain Cancer Risk